Blogs

AS OF AUGUST 1, 2013, THIS BLOG WILL BE HOUSED WITHIN MY WEBSITE, www.storiesforchrist.com

The Runaway Christmas Tree


The Runaway Christmas Tree
D. Washington-Jones
“The Runaway Christmas Tree”   
E-Book by 
d. washington-jones
Book Launch:  November 27, 2012




It’s a fine day in the grove,” Nick said to the tree’s mother and father as they watched the family get closer and closer.

“Stand up straight!” The tree’s mother said. “You’ll never be chosen this Christmas if you continue to slouch.”

“He’ll never be ready,” the tree’s father told Nick as the family got even closer.

“Oh, I think he will,” said Nick, giving the little tree a loving pat on his back bristles.

“And what about the code?” The tree’s father persisted.

“He’ll do just fine,” Nick retorted. “Don’t worry. And I’ll be here if he needs me.”

“Why do I have to become a Christmas tree any way?” The young tree asked with a sigh.

“Because it is what you were grown to do,” his mother whispered, straightening out his bristles.

“Douglas Elmwood Pine the 3rd, I won’t have such talk under my sky, young man,” his father said sternly. “Your grandfather was an extraordinary Christmas tree, and although I have never been chosen, I have always wanted something better for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment